Mitsubishi Pharma Europe Ltd was established in 2001 with headquarters based in London. On 1st June 2014, the company name changed to Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Europe Ltd (MTPE) in order to unify the company name with that of our parent company, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation (MTPC).
We also have business operations in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, our subsidiary company, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma GmbH, is responsible for the distribution, sales and marketing activities in the German, Austrian and Swiss territories.
We are engaged in the management of clinical research and commercial operations on behalf of Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, in the European Union (EU) and other related European territories.
Clinical Research and Development Operations
- Development of clinical study programmes
- Management of clinical studies
- Data handling & reporting
- Importation and preparation of clinical study supplies
- Management of European safety reporting during clinical studies
- Submission of marketing applications
- Sale/supply of medicinal products in Europe and related territories.
- Marketing and distribution of MTPC’s medicinal products by MTPE, affiliates or licensees.
- Supply of products, drug substances and raw materials to affiliates and licensees.
Our clinical research operations have been established in Europe since 2001 and we are currently supporting the development of compounds in a number of disease areas.
During the summer of 2005, we commenced commercial operations when we launched our first European product in Germany then followed by in other countries.